2013 Speedball Events
Event #1 Winter Open February 16th @ Diamond Hil Paintballl- Harrisburg, OR
Event #2 Cascade Open April 20th @ Royal Ridges- Yacolt, WA
Event #3 Valley Open June 15th @ Diamond Hill Paintball- Harrisburg, OR
Event #4 Battle Ground Open August 24th @ Royal Ridges- Yacolt, WA
Event #5 West Coast Championships October 19th @ Royal Ridges- Yacolt, WA
Below you will find current information for upcoming events.
WCPS 2013 Event #3 Valley Open @ Diamond Hill Paintball
Event Location and Address
Diamond Hill Paintball:
Harrisburg, Ore 97446
River Bend Resort
23650 Peoria Rd Harrisburg, OR 97446
Team Entry Fee’s
(Save money by paying entry fee’s early, see below for details. Email us about specials for pre-paying for the entire season).
- Novice Division (D3): $275 if paid 30 days prior to the event; $325 if paid 14-30 days prior to the event; $375 if paid 3-14 days prior to the event.
- Rookie Division (D4): $275 if paid 30 days prior to the event; $325 if paid 14-30 days prior to the event; $375 if paid 3-14 days prior to the event.
- Beginner Division (D5): $140 if paid 30 days prior to the event; $170 if paid 14-30 days prior to the event; $200 if paid 3-14 days prior to the event
- Young Guns Division: Free if registered 30 days prior to the event! A $30 deposit is required and will be refunded to your team at the event. Information for the Young Guns entry fees are as follows: $30 refunded deposit if paid 30 days prior to the event; $60 if paid 14-30 days prior to the event ($30 will be refunded at the event); $90 if paid 3-14 days prior to the event ($30 will be refunded at the event).
- Pump Division: $220 if paid 30 days prior to the event; $260 if paid 14-30 days prior to the event; $300 if paid 3-14 days prior to the event.
- (Event Paint only) GI Sportz: Two Grades: $55- 60
Annual Player Fee
- All players are required to pay a one-time Annual fee of $30 by the event registration deadline (always 3 days before each event). If a player’s annual fee is not paid by the event registration deadline, the player will not be able to participate at the event- no exceptions. To purchase, follow this link to the APPA website: http://paintball-players.org/cgi-bin/signup.cgi?LID=204&EID=2607
NOTE: If playing in the PSP this season, current PSP ID cards will be accepted without having to pay the annual player fee.
- All new players must create an APPA account in order to receive their ID number. The player ID number is used to update team rosters on APPA. (Instructions for how to register as a new player can be found by clicking on the “Play The WCPS” button on our homepage.
- All rosters must be completed by the team registration deadline (3 days before the event). Any roster additions made after this deadline will be subject to a $20 fee. There is no charge for dropping a player from the roster.
- Novice Division (D3) can have a maximum of 10 rostered players (two upper division players allowed)
- Rookie Division (D4) can have a maximum of 8 rostered players (one D3 player allowed)
- Beginner Division (D5) can have a maximum of 5 rostered players (one D4 player allowed)
- Young Guns Division can have a maximum of 5 rostered players (one D4 player allowed)
- Pump Division can have a maximum of 7 rostered players (any division of players allowed).
For the 2013 season, we will be integrating an accelerated format for D3 and D4 match games. Normally, only two teams play at once with a 2 minute beak after each point scored. To reduce the down time in-between points when nothing is going on, there will be another match going on simultaneously. How this is going to work: so let’s say we have Team A and Team B playing their first point, meanwhile, Team C and Team D are in their pits getting prepared. When Team A scores a point against Team B, Team C and Team D will now have 30 seconds to get to their start stations before game time starts. While Team C and Team D play, Team A and Team B will be getting ready in their pits to play their next point. A benefit is your team can potentially have longer than 2 minutes to get ready. In the rare occasion that a point gets over in 20 seconds, the two teams waiting to play their next point will receive a minute to get ready, plus an additional 30 seconds to make it to their start stations, so your team will still have plenty of time in-between points to be prepared to play another point.
- Novice Division (D3) Raceto-4 is played in a match game format. Teams will have 12 minutes of game time to score up to 4 points against each other. The winning team is decided by whichever team scores 4 points first or which team has the most points at the end of game time.
- Rookie Division (D4) Raceto-3 is played in a match game format. Teams will have 10 minutes of game time to score up to 3 points against each other. The winning team is decided by whichever team scores 3 points first or which team has the most points at the end of game time.
- Beginner, Young Guns, and Pump Divisions will be played in a round-robin format.
NOTE: D3 and D4 matches are allowed snake-side coaching only. No coaching allowed for other divisions.
Check-in & General Game Day information
- All teams/ players and media will need to stop by the registration booth to sign the release of liability waiver before matches begin or stepping on the field.
- Gates will open at 7 AM. (Parking and staging area are on a first-come, first served basis).
- Paint sales will begin at 7 AM at the registration booth. The line can get long in the morning, so make sure to purchase your paint early if your team has early matches.
- Media personnel will need to stop by the registration booth to receive a media pass before entering the playing fields.
- We will have designated pit areas for the 5-man fields which will include air stations. Designated pit areas are only allowed for teams during their matches.
- Games begin at 8:30 a.m. sharp. If a team does not arrive at their designated pit area for their designated match time, they will forfeit that match.
- Unless announced otherwise, there will not be a captain’s/ player’s meeting the morning of the event due to time constraints. Questions can be asked at the registration booth before matches.
- Walking the fields will be allowed from the time the gates open and until 5 minutes before the first games start. Announcements will be made if field walking is allowed the day prior to the event.
- The WCPS does not charge for media passes. However, we do ask that you make all media files available for players, friends and families to enjoy. Media passes are available at the registration booth on game day. If you would like to be listed as a media sponsor, email Kevin@westcoastpbseries.com for more information.
- We encourage any and all spectators to come out and root for your team! All fans are required to respect the officiating staff and the players at the event. ABSOLUTELY NO FOUL LANGUAGE and counter-coaching will be tolerated from any fans or players.
Rate of Fire
- The rate of fire for all divisions is capped at 12.5 bps and must be in a PSP approved firing mode.
- Orange is the protected color. Players are not allowed to have orange clothing or gear during game play. If you think a part of your gear is questionable, you will need to submit it to the head referee for approval prior to your match beginning.
- Players must wear long-sleeved jerseys and long pants. Any hoodies must be tucked in. Player clothing must not have excessive holes or tears that would otherwise inhibit a referee’s ability to monitor a player. Orange clothing is not allowed as it is a protected color.
- If a player acts in an unsportsmanlike behavior (i.e. physical contact, swearing, throwing equipment or any other actions that make the event less fun for other players), it will result in a penalty, suspension or ejection from the event.
- ABSOLUTELY NO FOUL LANGUAGE will be tolerated at the event from any players, spectators or staff. These are family events and should be enjoyable for everyone involved.
All other additional rules not otherwise stated can be found in the 2012 PSP Rulebook or by following this link: http://pspevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/PSP2012RulesGeneral_18_sep_2012.pdf